Monday, September 10, 2012

Brilliant transformation

Had any of those "wish I'd thought of that" moments lately? This was a mega one! I doubt I could have ever come up with the idea of taking this mid-century-modern "not exactly my taste" piece to the unique master-piece created by our own Keren Jackson, aka KJaxnDesigns - my very talented booth neighbor at Flowery Branch Antiques Market.
Although even I am growing to embrace retro furniture styles, this one totally beckons for a creative touch.
Vintage ceiling tin from Maine....deer antler handles....Annie Sloan chalk paint in Duck Egg Blue?
Brilliant!!  (BTW, it sold quickly!!)



5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

WOW!!! I can see why it sold quickly. Not my cup of tea in the before stage either but look at it now! xo Diana

countrycharisma said...

That is incredible! I would NEVER have thought of that! Love seeing the results of creative people turned loose!!!

Kathy Owen, Petticoat Junktion said...

yes, some people truly amaze me. I would have never thought of something so creative. What a conversation piece. thanks for sharing it.

Sea Witch said...

Wow, what a transformation. I love it, especially the colors but you had me at the antlers. You MUST MUST MUST get thee to Bowman. Such a sweet little town with great shops, friendly people and everything is just a short walk (like 10 feet from each other. I want to get back for their fall festival in September. Gonna try and bribe my honey into another road trip.

Bohemian said...

Well... now that we've all been amply Inspired by her Thinking Of That first we will now view those nugly pieces of furniture through fresh eyes with a Vision for what a remarkable Transformation can look like! Not surprised this Fab Transformation Sold quickly, it's Amazing!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian